welcome to gptckkm
Have a Nice Day
NATIONAL WINNER IN SHOT PUT AND DISCUSS THROW - 2017
Congratulation Rufidha Jasmin - CT S6
HISTORY OF KUNNAMKULAM
The ancient name of Kunnamkulam was Kunnamkulangara. In the Order of Kochi Kings dated AD 1763, written that in Kunnamkulangara-“Previous year about 108 shop got fire and this year again 11 shop rooms got fire. In order to prevent fire mishaps all shop owners of Kunnamkulangara town is directed to replace their roof with tiles immediately”. Traditionally it is believed that a cross was installed by Thomas the Apostle, at Chattukulangara (a part of Arthat in Kunnamkulam). During the invasion of Tippu Sultan, the Christians from Chattakulangara migrated to Kunnamkulam town. Kunnamkulam Municipal area was the headquarters of Talappilly taluk up to AD1860.
HISTORY OF GPTC KUNNAMKULAM
Government Polytechnic College, Kunnamkulam, is the technical institution under government sector in Thrissur district is situated in Kizoor, Vysseri, 2.5 Km away from kunnamkulam town. The total land area available to the institute is 12.5 acres. Previously this institute was Govt. Technical High School and upgraded to Polytechnic College in the year 1994. The institution offers three year diploma course in Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Tool and Die Engineering with an AICTE approved intake of 63 in each branch. In addition to the Diploma course, there are CDTP, CEC programs also conducted here. Moreover a unit of GIFD is also functioning in this institute.
The aim of any country’s higher education system is sustainable development and achieving higher growth rates. It is enabled through creation. The aim of any country’s higher education system is sustainable development and achieving higher growth rates. It is enabled through creation. The aim of any country’s higher education system is sustainable development and achieving higher growth rates. It is enabled through creation. The aim of any country’s higher education system is sustainable development
vision & Mission
A center of excellence for technical education on par with international standards, increasing the employment prospects of students by giving them appropriate training and exposing them to the latest technology that caters to the current need of the industry.
To facilitate high quality education in engineering and technology through a teaching learning process which is continuously improved to meet the changing needs of the industry.
To maintain ethical, value-based, environment friendly and social oriented education by producing skilled manpower with a strong commitment to society.
Latest News and Events
- Dasha pushpa garden setting.
- Orientation programme about traffic rules road safety
- Old age home visit in connection in connection with Independence Day celebration.
- Fruits & Vegetable garden setting in college premises.
- 7-day special camp conducted at Kattakampal grama panchayath wards 3,4 9.for new road making, pond renovation and beautification works, campaigning for promoting Plastic waste disposal, free dental check up, Training programme for various Craft works , paper pen and paper bag making etc.
- Participated in Republic day rally at kunnamkulam Municipal area.
- Cleaning work conducted in Parkkadi Temple premises.
- Conducted E-waste collection in ward 3 ward 4 of kunnamkulam municipality.
- Celebration of Environmental Day, Yoga Day
- Opening ceremony in the month of August 2017
- Cleaning of Govt. Taluk Hospital, Kunnamkulam on October 2017
- Cleaning of Govt. Ayurveda Hospital, Vysseri
- Cleaning of “Anganwadi” ,Vyssery
- Celebration of NCC Day, Independence day, Army Day, Republic Day
- Exhibition of NCC ceremonials.
- National Integration Camp at Varanasi and Kozhikode
- Army Attachment Camp, Pangode
- All India Trekking Camp at Nattika
- Combined Annual Training Camp at Mambra and Pazhanji
- First prize in Republic Day Parade at Kunnamkulam Municipality
- Best ever performance done in RD Parade at Thrissur
- Overall champions at CATC Pazhanji
- Best commander
- Best Contingent
- Best Cultural Program.
Students participated in IEDC programs conducted at different engineering colleges and polytechnics
2. Conducted 2 day workshop on IOT
3. Implemented automatic college bell system by the students under the guidance IEDC
4. Installed solar street lights developed by students
5. Conducted workshop on arduino
Computer science engineering is, undoubtedly, one of the most sought after specialised courses nowadays. This is a technical degree below the undergraduate rank which aims to provide students with some basic knowledge of engineering, scientific, computing etc. Today’s world is highly dependent on computer systems that are fast, up-to-date, and secure……
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Electronics engineering, is an engineering discipline where non-linear and active electrical components such as electron tubes, and semiconductor devices, especially transistors, diodes and integrated circuits, are utilized to design electronic circuits, devices and systems, typically also including passive electrical components and based on printed circuit boards……
TOOL AND DIE ENGINEERING
In-plant training in a reputed industry after the three year regular campus study is a special feature of this discipline.
Precision is the key to success and hence Tool & Die engineering is the ultimate in mass production with inter changeability, skill and cost reduction.
The high academic standard of Tool & Die engineering is exemplified by the faculty. The faculty members are well qualified and comprise of post graduates and graduates with industrial experience and proven caliber to mould competent professionals. A strong industry – institute interaction and involvement is a standard initiative of Tool & Die Department.